Please ask the reception staff for a registration pack. Contact the surgery 5 days after completing the forms to check if you have been accepted by the Practice.
We will normally accept patients from Four Lane Ends, Hindley Green, Atherton, Tyldesley & Kirkhall Lane.
If you have been accepted you will be given an appointment for a new patient health check with the practice nurse. This appointment must be attended before you are able to book to see our doctors.
To save time you can also download and print a registration form, fill it out and bring it in with you on your first visit to the practice.
For information in all languages regarding NHS services, please go to the NHS website.
Temporary residents (TR) are entitled to the full range of services provided by this organisation and are classified as patients who are in the local area for a period of more than 24 hours but no longer than three months. As these patients cannot access their own GP practice, there is a need for them to register with a practice, albeit on a temporary basis.
When a patient registers as a temporary resident, the registration period will last for 14 days.
There is a general rule and that is, should the patient who is requesting treatment be within a 25 mile radius of their own practice, unless in an emergency, we would expect them to be seen at their own practice.
The following are examples why a patient local to the area may need to temporarily register
- If there is an acute need such as chest infection
- If the patient has sustained a minor injury and needs assistance
- If the patient is a student home from university
- If the patient is a service person on leave
Where a temporary registration is not suitable for continuity of care purposes:
- Repeat medication, as patients can ask the regular GP practice to send a repeat prescription electronically to a local pharmacy via EPS
- Ongoing or chronic conditions, such as diabetes management, mental health issues or a health check
The patient information regarding temporary residents that is available on our website can be found at https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/nhs-services-and-treatments/how-do-i-register-as-a-temporary-resident-with-a-gp/